Sunday, June 15, 2014

Three Ways to Put a Little Extra Money in Your Wallet

We can all use a little extra money can’t we? And we all love to save money. So here are three sites that will help you put a little extra money in your wallet. These programs are easy, and they involve things you may already be doing.

The first program is Saving Star. This is an online program that you link your grocery shopping savings card to. When you purchase items that Saving Star is offering savings on the savings are added to your account. It’s like an automatic coupon program. So you don’t have to clip coupons in order for the money to add up. I like that this program offers a freebie every Friday. They are usually small items; it might be a candy bar, baking soda, or oatmeal. But you get the entire amount of the purchase added to your account. I also like that the program offers a percentage off a healthy food each week. 10% to 20% added to your account from the purchase of a specified fresh fruit or vegetable. Hurray! The one thing I don’t like about the program is they are slow to add the savings to your account. It can take a couple of weeks. But they do pay out through PayPal, and the cash out is within a couple of days. You coupon  clippers this is a way you can add a little extra to your wallet.

Checkout51 is the second program. This is a great program. I really like this one; they change the savings each week. All you have to do is sign up for the program, each week they offer savings on products. The program once you have purchased your items, you need to submit a copy of your receipt to the site. It’s a little bit of work if you don’t have a smartphone, but you can scan the receipt and submit it that way. The program does seem to offer some choices for healthy foods. They have presented savings on milk, strawberries, bananas, and eggs to name a few.  They are small amounts, but hey it adds up doesn’t it? My favorite thing about the program is that it doesn’t matter where you purchase the items. Any store will do. You simply have to provide them with a receipt. What I don’t like is they only pay out by check. This often takes a little while to receive.

The third program is Swagbucks. The program provides you with points for participation. It’s easy to participate in the program. You can watch videos, play games, answer daily polls, the list goes on. The program offers paypal or gift cards as ways to cash out. And there are loads of gift cards to choose from. I really like the variety of ways to participate in this program. It’s pretty easy to earn the points. The one thing I don’t like about this program is I wish they would add more videos to the video section of their site more often. But honestly you have to watch a lot of the videos in order to run out of things to view. The link I’m providing contains my referral code so if you decide to sign up please make sure you sign up under me. Yep, I get points for referrals, but it’s still a great program. And click the link if you are interested in joining.


So here are a few of the ways I add to my wallet, how do you generate a little extra money?

2 comments:

  1. These are all good programs for making a few extra bucks. I like ebates too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love SavingStar! And have you ever tried Ibotta? It's a lot like Checkout 51, check it out.

    ReplyDelete