Saturday, June 21, 2014

Whose Shoes Would I Wear?

If you could wear someone else’s shoes for a day what would that be like? Imagine what it would like to be that person, who would you be? I think that’s a tough question. There are so many people that I would like to be like. Whose shoes would I wear?

Would I be a performer? I really like Pink’s music. I think her songs are great. I like her style. I like how she does what she wants to do, so maybe I would want to wear her shoes, but then again would I want to put up with the press? Would I be able to handle the criticism of my music? Probably not.


Would I be a politician? Hillary Clinton seems to be pretty successful. She has power; she has influence that might be pretty cool. But then she has to deal with Bill. That probably wouldn’t work either.


Okay, so maybe Mother Teresa. She did a lot of really good stuff, she helped so many people, but those are awfully big shoes to fill. Maybe not literally, but figuratively they are. How could I accomplish all she accomplished?


Maybe if I take a look back in history, Sacajaweja, she was pretty cool. She guided the exploration of a continent. She had adventure, she was intelligent. But then again she had to lug a baby along with her doing all this. And I think her husband might have actually been hired to be the guide and she did all the work. Uh, no, I don’t think I want to wear her shoes.


Then it occurred to me that I like wearing these shoes.


They are comfortable, they are fun, and they are my shoes. And that like Pink I have my own style and I do what I want. Like Hillary Clinton I have influence over the people around me, I am able to influence them in a positive way. And while I may not accomplish as much as Mother Teresa, I do really good stuff for the people who are in my life. And like Sacajaweja, I am intelligent, and I have had a lot of adventure in my life. And I have explored at least half of the continent. So I don’t want to be anybody else. I’m happy being me!


Music to blog by Dancing Shoes by Claudja Barry

6 comments:

  1. I like my shoes too, even if I sometimes look at other people and think about their lives and what that would be like.
    I have an amazingly talented friend. She's crafty and smart and good at so many things and has 2 little sons. I wonder what it would be like in her shoes. I know I couldn't completely fill them, but I also know I have my own story.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this. I prefer my shoes too ;) Thanks for linking up!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is challenging enough to be ourselves. Heaven only knows what the next guy is really going through. Even when we think the grass looks, greener. It might be just be rotten.
    Yep, I'll just stick with my own shoes. I enjoyed getting them anyway :-) Interesting thought!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is cute and funny! I spent so much time figuring out who I am, I wouldn't want to start over, lol. My husband is my awesome opposite. I'm shy, he's the life of the party. I'm artistic and practical, he is all business and dramatic. I wonder what it would be like to be in his shoes outside of home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I might want to wear someone elses shoes...but only for a day. I like mine too :)

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great question. I would have to go with Jesus' shoes because they're so comfortable.

    www.momfever.com

    ReplyDelete