Monday, July 14, 2014

Aztec Music Review

The music scene in Canada always seems to go unnoticed in the States, every once and a while a band kind of jumps out and says you need to take a look at these guys. And Aztec is an indie band from Canada that deserves some airplay. And well how can you not be interested in learning about a band that has a description that states “we play loud”.


The band has just released an ep called Stitches. And I like it! The first song on the ep is call The Benefits of Being Alone is all about well the benefits of being alone. While so many songs talk about how individuals are looking for love, this song points out that there is a lot of freedom in being all by yourself. You have the freedom to call someone and say if you’re not doing anything today, let’s do it together.



My favorite song on the ep is If I Believed in Anything. The melody is kind of catchy, and the lyrics well they are kind of about just being where you are.  You know those times when you don’t know what is going on, and you feel like things could be better, but you’re not sure. That’s what I thought when I listened to the song.

This band has produced an ep that is interesting to listen to both through the music, and the lyrics. And I can’t wait to hear what they put together in the future.


So take a listen to their music, and let me know what you think.

1 comment:

  1. I like this song! Great lyrics. Back in the 80's there used to be a band called Aztec Camera. I cant remember the song I liked by them but certainly couldn't forget the name of band.

    ReplyDelete