Monday, July 7, 2014

The Three Letters of the Alphabet I Hate

This past week I have grown to hate three letters of the alphabet. What is it about these letters that have evoked such strong emotions in me? It’s not the letters themselves. Alone the letters are perfectly fine. They are harmless. It’s when they are combined that they can be deadly. What are these three letters you are asking? ILD are the letters. And if I’m really honest, it’s not the letters that I hate it’s that they are simply an abbreviation for another term that I hate. They stand for Interstitial Lung Disease.


And until a few days ago, I knew very little about this disease. I didn’t know that the letters combined stood for something deadly. I didn’t know that my father had ILD. So life has changed a little. I’ve begun to wonder why this is happening to a good person. The only answer I can come up with is I don’t know. I’ve wondered how long will this last. And once again I the only answer I can come up with is I don’t know. Will there be a lot of suffering? The answer I come up with is I hope not. But one thing I do know is life has thrown a curve ball, and things won’t be the way they were.

4 comments:

  1. So sorry for your dad :( Hugs to you as you go through this with him

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about your dad Heidi. It is tough to deal with when loved ones go through illness. My father has been going through a lung illness for awhile and the ups and downs can be difficult. If you need a shoulder, please feel free to drop me a line. Praying for you and your family.
    Shari

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry to hear about your dad I have been worried about my dad recently as he has been in hospital again he has COPD

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry. I hope you get more answers soon and find peace in your heart. You and your father will be in my prayers.

    Thanks for sharing. I hope you find moments of joy this weekend.

    ReplyDelete