Saturday, July 12, 2014

Words

The words that we hear others say can make us happy. When someone tells us a funny story, we smile, or laugh, and we feel happy.  If someone gives us a compliment there is a swelling inside us that makes us feel good. And then there are other types of words, there are angry words. These words are simply meant to hurt others. And there are words of honesty. These words are meant to encourage us to become better people. And there are words that are honest that can scare us.

Sometimes words can mean different things, it often depends on the context they are spoken in. This week these made me feel very afraid. You should come very soon. For some people these would be words to welcome them. But these words were spoken to get my attention. They were spoken to tell me that time is short. They were spoken to wake me up, and let me know that we don’t have as much time as we thought.

And while I was scared when I heard them, I am thankful for those words, because it did wake me up. And I have had the chance to say things I needed to say. So maybe just because something scares doesn’t mean that it is so awful, maybe there are times when we need fear in order to move us on to something better in our lives.


1 comment:

  1. I can't imagine a world without words in it some words are great some are not so great just saying

    ReplyDelete