Sunday, August 17, 2014

I Never Noticed That

Every day we go past things. There are so many things we just filter out in life. We are busy thinking about the things that are more important to us. The little problems that are oh so important. You know what will I fix for dinner? I can’t believe that person just said that. Or wow, I really do want a new pair of shoes.

Today was one of those days when I finally woke up and noticed something. I was driving home from work, and as usual I was thinking about all sorts of things. I decided that I didn’t want to make lunch. It just seemed like a hassle. So I decided to visit the local Dairy Queen that was on my way home. When I parked the car to go inside the Dairy Queen, I looked in front of me and saw a field full of color. I mean it was like a rainbow full of colors. Now I knew there was an empty lot there, but I never looked at it before. The lot has been empty long enough that wildflowers had taken over. There were flowers in every color. It was beautiful! It strange how something I never noticed before was actually so beautiful. I picked some of the flowers, and as I was bringing them in the house a huge bumble bee appeared. Apparantly, he thought the flowers were wonderful too.


Here are a few shots of some of the flowers I picked. Let me know if you’ve had an experience with something you never noticed before.





Music to blog Walk of Life by Jim Gaudet & the Railroad Boys



7 comments:

  1. Yup - that happens to me all the time! Glad to know I'm not the only one :)
    Sometimes I think life must be just passing me by, because I seem to miss all the little things. That's when I know I need to just slow down or even stop, and smell the wildflowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so guilty of this as well! It's so easy to get zeroed in on whatever my "mission" is at the moment, that I miss out on life around me. I think it's gotten better since having kids though, believe it or not, because I'm always looking for neat things to point out to them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't this so true, life these days are so busy that we don't notice the little things. Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop! I hope you’ll join us again next week!

    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino
    The Chicken Chick
    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes this happens to me all the time, I will notice something and say when did that happen only to be told ages ago

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a beautiful bouquet. Yes, its amazing sometimes, I am normally observant when out in the woods or out on a trip but not in everyday life. Come to think of it, I don't really get out much unless we are actually going somewhere to walk in the woods. The occasional trip to the store does not really invoke observation, its not far enough for that. I think I am pretty much aware of my surroundings. I like to go out in my garden every day just to see if there is anything new. Loved your post
    Janice

    ReplyDelete
  6. Through your eyes we have the pleasure of the bouquet of beautiful flowers!! Thank you for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great article! Love it! Pinned. Thanks for being a part of our party. I hope you get a chance to stop by tonight at 7 pm. We love having you! http://loulougirls.blogspot.com
    Happy Monday! Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete