Saturday, August 16, 2014

Making Lemonade Out of Life's Lemons

Recently, I became really upset about a situation. The situation was someone told me or at least I thought they told me that they would do something for me. And then when push came to shove the person just didn’t come through. This individual simply ignored my calls for help. I was a little bit miffed. But then I realized, I really didn’t need this person’s assistance, I just thought I did. I could complete the project on my own.


So the first step in making this lemonade taking the lemon which was my friend not cooperating. Now I had to add something water like to the mixture. I had to take responsibility for the part I shared in the problem. This is not always easy to do, but it’s an important part of the lemonade. I had to accept that perhaps I didn’t communicate well with my friend. And perhaps I should not have asked this friend to complete this task. I already knew that this person was a little bit unreliable. It’s unrealistic to put demands on someone you know is unable to do something. So that’s two parts of my lemonade project. The third part of course is add some sugar, I added sugar to this lemon life had given me by deciding that I don’t have to rely on that person for assistance. I simply had to sit down and lay out a plan on how I was going to complete the project without their assistance.

Now all I have to do is sit down and drink the fresh glass of lemonade life has offered me.

Music to blog by A Sky Full of Stars by Coldplay


4 comments:

  1. Oh that really is upsetting when someone doesn't come through for you. At least you came to the realization that you didn't need that person's help. :-/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I so get this I have been let down a few times

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not had the problem of the person not coming through.

    However, I am in the process of making lemonade out of life's lemons.

    I am visiting from Recommendation Saturday

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you put this! I guess I too have had to make some lemonade! Thanks for sharing at the Teach Me Tuesday Linky Party:)

    ReplyDelete