Friday, September 12, 2014

Bento Box Butterfly

Like I stated in an earlier post, I've been playing around with bento boxes in order to try and eat more healthy, and have food that is just a little more fun to look at. So this week I created a Bento Box Butterfly. It turned out pretty well. And of course it tasted great.


It's simple, and it is made up of ingredients you have around the house. Turkey, pickles, apples, oranges, some sort of flat bread like pita bread, carrots, and a leafy vegetable for the background. In order to keep the apples in place I used a yogurt cream cheese and tumeric mixture on the bread. 

If you decide to make this box, keep in mind, it may not fit into a normal size bento box. It actually filled a small pie pan. So that was my lunch box for the day.

Music to blog by Chestnut Street by Collision Blonde



Other Links You Might Enjoy

5 comments:

  1. Not sure what a Bento box is..... hmmm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's kind of a Japanese lunchbox, a lot of them focus on cute foods.

      Delete
  2. Really cute bento box! So creative.

    Thanks for sharing (I found this post through the Say G'Day party).

    Pinning.

    Wishing you a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute idea. Thanks for sharing. Butterflies make all food tastier.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think benots are so clever, makes a lunch so much more interesting. Thanks for stopping by Oh My Heartsie Girl!
    Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete