Monday, September 22, 2014

Fall Bucket List 2014

It’s officially fall now. Yes, the season that in ways I enjoy, and in some ways I enjoy.  And with the new season, I have some projects for a fall bucket list. So here are some of the things I really want to do this season.

1.       Clean the gutters on my house. Yes, some years I’m good at this, and then there are years when I just don’t want to do it. And I put it off, and somehow it never happens. And the next thing you know you have little trees in the gutter in the spring. Not fun. This year I’m going to get it all cleaned out early on.


2.       I really want to go to Mississinewa 1812. Yep, one of the biggest battles of 1812 was fought an hour away from my home. The reenactment of the battle and the entire fair goings on in the area has always sounded like fun to me. So this is the year that I’m going to make it to the event, if the boss gives me the time off I requested.


3.       Carving pumpkins is a blast, and I have many plans for pumpkins this fall, but I really, really, really, am going to use the seeds, and make some delightful chocolate covered pumpkin seeds this year.


4.       Acorns, each year, the squirrel in the oak tree and I fight about acorns. He runs around burying them in my yard. I yell at him for digging so many holes, and causing all of those seedlings to come up in my yard. This year, the goal is to pick up most of the acorns, so he can’t bury them.  I’ve already started. I just have to figure out what to do with all of those acorns. Suggestions are welcome.



5.       I am actually going to go out, and enjoy some of the warm fall days. I always seem to get all caught up in everything that is going on around me, and I don’t go out and enjoy time outdoors like I should. And I really do enjoy time outdoors. I’m going to spend some time walking around, and actually looking at things so I see the season move from one point to another. And of course I’m going to take pictures of it this year. (wink, wink)



So these are a few of my plans for this fall, what are your goals for the fall, and I’ll let you know how much of my bucket list I actually accomplish this year.

Music to blog by Mister Chameleon by KING

Other Links You Might Enjoy

DIY Pattern Shoppers Check this Out


6 comments:

  1. Chocolate pumpkin seeds sound delicious! I will have to try them. Stopping by from SITS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are lots of fun crafts you can make with acorns. Or just a bowl of them on the table with some pine cones makes a fun fall center piece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of chocolate covered pumpkin seeds, may have to try them. #SITSGirls

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chocolate covered pumpkin seeds..mmm. That sounds like a must-try! :) I am actually scared of squirrels, so I feel your pain! I tend to hide from them, so I have no suggestions..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chocolate covered pumpkin seeds is a shocker! Never would have thought about this combination :) Love the music!
    xx
    Mila
    milawayable@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete