Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Fall Has Arrived

It started out as an ordinary day. A day like others with one exception. I had this desire to get rid of things. It doesn't happen often, but occasionally it does. So I gathered up a bag of items, and I ran them to the thrift store.


Yes, I felt better I had cleaned out some items, but why the need to clean? I drove through the parking lot, and I saw this.


And I thought to myself, wasn't that tree green yesterday? And it hit me. The reason I felt a need to clean was it is the first day of fall, And that means things need to change. Thus the need to clean.

I drove down the road and decided that since it is that since fall has arrived, I needed a pumpkin. After all I do have that bucket list which included making things chocolate covered pumpkin seeds this year. So I visited with the vendor, and bought this beautiful orange Cinderella pumpkin. Isn't that the greatest shade of orange?


And then I realized that my neighbors had a jump on me with fall decorating. Their porch looked so cute.


And when I arrived home, I wondered as I walked through my yard, was this the last day that I would be able to wear my summer shoes? My toes were feeling a little cold.


So I went into the house, and began to look through my long sleeved shirts, sweaters, and hoodies.


And that is how I realized that fall has arrived.

Music to blog by I'll Be Satisfied by 4 Dollar Shoe

Other Links You Might Enjoy











3 comments:

  1. LOVE fall clothes!! I think your post is how everyone feels on the first day of fall... And now i want to go home and look through my fall weather clothes! Thanks for posting. Stopping by from #SITSgirls & www.ourpoolehouse.com
    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great pumpkin! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fall slowly crept into my neck of the woods too. Now it's time for Halloween decorations which I love even more! Thanks for linking up with us a the Mommy Needs a Timeout Thursday Linky. Hope to see you again this week. Party starts Wednesday night at 8 pm EST!
    Lauren
    Twin Tested, Pin Approved

    ReplyDelete