Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Let It Be

I am a huge fan of The Beatles. My favorite song by The Beatles changes depending on my moods and what is going on in my life. My most recent favorite is Let It Be. I love the melody, and the words.  The lyrics tell me to let go of problems, which sometimes I struggle with. And the song brings back happy memories of seeing McCartney live. And all of those times I saw people sing it at Beatlefest. Yes, I do like the song Let It Be.

As a rule I don’t like cover songs of where they really change a song by The Beatles, but occasionally one will stand out. And sometimes I may not like the cover that well when I first hear it, but later when it is more appropriate in my life it really strikes a chord. So when I heard the cover of Let It Be from the movie Across the Universe again it was time for me to say wow, this cover is almost as good as the original. Well almost at least. I think because of the lessons I’ve had to learn in patience, forgiveness, and well the death of a loved one over this past year has drawn out the interpretation of this song to me. It has more meaning than it did a few years ago.


So take a listen to this version of Let It Be, and let me know what you think of it. Which version do you like better?

Other Links You Might Enjoy


No comments:

Post a Comment