Friday, September 26, 2014

My Secret Island

With Halloween coming up, and well the love so many people have of zombies. I thought I would share a video by a band called My Secret Island. The name of the song is What Was Yesterday.  The year is 2031, and life is pretty bleak. There have been wars that have changed life. The video shows how life has turned kind of awful. A man finds himself wandering through this wasteland into a bunker. And he discovers something scary. A beautiful woman, a scary doctor injecting individuals with something that turns them into zombies is what the man discovers in the bunker.  Yes, the video has a little bit of a dark theme. But I liked it. I like the woman’s style in the video. Her outfit is great. And it’s just a video that fans of zombies movies will enjoy.


But what about the band? The band is based out of Berlin Germany. The band has been around for a few years, and My Secret Island is the third album they have produced. Their previous releases have included I Miss the Day and The First Stories. And all three releases rock! So how do you classify them? Well they definitely fall into the alternative music category, but that’s a broad category. They are definitely influenced by metal bands and punk. It has that fast beat with offbeat themes. Toss in a little bit of goth, and some rockabilly. And then some of that grunge sound. And you have an idea of what you might hear when you listen to their music. It is diverse, and well worth listening to.
So watch the video, and let me know what you think.




And if you like the music you can purchase it on amazon of course.




1 comment: