Thursday, September 25, 2014

Thanksgiving in September

Thanksgiving is usually celebrated in November, with much feasting, football, and family. But Thanksgiving doesn’t have to be celebrated in November. It really should be a holiday that is celebrated daily. So today l am celebrating Thanksgiving in September with a list of 10 things I am thankful for today.

1.       Sunshine!



It is a beautiful day, with the sun shining. I am so thankful for the beautiful warm weather. Warm fall days are a blessing to us all. They provide us all with the chance to see the leaves changes colors. The first time it rains. The leaves all seem to drop off the trees.

2.       Good Health

I am fortunate to have good health. I am blessed with the ability to walk, talk, and breathe. Not everybody in the world has this ability.

3.       A Job

Yes, while I dread going into work, I am fortunate enough to be employed. There are many people in the world who cannot find a job. And there are still others who love to be able to work, but due to health reasons they are unable to.

4.       Great People

I am so thankful for all of the people in my life. Whether they are the family I was given at birth, or whether it is the eclectic group of friends I have gathered over the years. All of them are great.

5.       Free Speech

Yep, I like being able to say what I think, and it’s really cool that I have a place that I can say it too. I really enjoy the blog world, and of course all of those faithful followers.

6.       The Beasties



Yep, the felines in the house do drive me crazy on a regular basis, but I do love them, and I would be upset if anything happened to my furry little friends.

7.       Chocolate


Yes, chocolate is a gift from God. And my friend Billy used to say it was a vegetable because it came from a bean. I think he might have missed the mark on that one, but it is healthy, at least dark chocolate is. And well a trip to DeBrand’s is always a treat. Ask anyone who has been there just how good chocolate is.

8.       Facebook

I never thought I would say it, but I am thankful for Facebook. When my dad was sick over the summer Facebook made it so much easier to communicate with extended family. We were able to contact people that we needed to without hunting down phone numbers, and playing phone tag.

9.       Lazy Days

I love lazy days when I am able to sleep in, and I don’t have to do anything. It’s time to just relax. Isn’t it wonderful?

10.   The Public Library

Yes, I love to read, and I am so fortunate to be able to go to the library and get any book they have available for free as long as I remember to return them on time. Occasionally, that is something I forget to do.


So what are you thankful for this September day?

Music to blog by 

Other Links You Might Enjoy


No comments:

Post a Comment