Sunday, November 16, 2014

Cross One Off The Bucket List

Earlier this fall I made a Fall Bucket List. Now I'm great at making lists. It seems to be the way that I get things done in life. But I haven't made much progress on my list this year, but I did accomplish one thing. I picked up loads of acorns. I have a huge oak tree, and well the squirrels go crazy burying the things. Every spring I have enough seedlings to begin reforestation of the state of Indiana.

But this year I've actually picked up loads of the acorns. But what do you do with loads of acorns? Well people provided me with suggestions on what to do with this acorn bounty. And many suggested that I make them into decorations. I decided to give it a try. And the result is an easy and pretty much free fall decoration.

I decided that I would bake the acorns on a low heat. I mean like really low. 250 degrees to be exact.

 
 
I put them in a pan, and let them bake. This killed off bugs, mold etc. They were now indoor friendly.
 
 
I thought well they still look like acorns. So broke out the paint. Yep, I painted the acorns. And this was the end result.
 
 
I tried several different colors, but this is the one that I like the best. I like the silver. It just seemed to pop out. And well these homemade decorations will also cross over into Christmas decorations. This is definitely an afternoon craft that is easy for the craft challenged, and it is great for kids.
 
So I can cross one off the bucket list, and I wound up with a great fall decoration. Let me know what you think of the acorns, and how are you doing on completing items on your fall bucket list?
 
 
Music to blog by Lay by by Tennyson
 

 
Other Links You Might Enjoy
 
 


4 comments:

  1. Love the blue acorns, their great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice work on the acorns...the end result is great.
    Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop! I hope you’ll join us again next week!

    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino
    The Chicken Chick
    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bucket lists are great, as they really force you to do the things you have always wanted to. Glad this one worked out. Love the colour!!

    Thanks for linking up to Marvelous Monday on Smart Party Planning.

    ReplyDelete