Sunday, November 30, 2014

Orphan Mothers

So I'm going through the notifications on my twitter page the other day and I notice that this band called Orphan Mothers has started to follow me. I had never heard of them, but I decided to check out their link to bandcamp.

Orphan Mothers is a duo from the Regina, Saskatchewan. It is comprised of Jon Neher who writes the music and Eden Rohatensky who sing and writes the lyrics. And they have released a single called Towers.

 
So what does this duo's music sound like? Well it's a little ethereal. It's use of electronics and Eden's airy voice have worked out really well. So the song is relaxing to listen to. And with all the chaos surrounding the holidays an evening with some relaxing music is something we all can use. But the music isn't the only good thing about the release. Eden's lyrics are solid. She sings about the times you think about the good things in a relationship. They are a perfect match for the music. They have found that spot in music where the lyrics and music compliment each other. Neither one of them tries to outshine the other. But instead they work together. This is a great first from this duo, and I hope that there will be more to come from this duo.
 

Other Posts You Might Enjoy
 
 
 
 


1 comment:

  1. Hi, Heidi, this is Louise Douglas a new cohost for Wakeup Wednesday's linkup. I'm your new follower on bloglovin. have a great day Heidi.

    ReplyDelete