Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Pecan Brown Rice

Yes, the holidays will be with us before we know it. It's hard to believe that Thanksgiving is this month. And we'll all be looking for different twists on side dishes for the holiday. Pecan brown rice is a super easy and super healthy side dish that's fairly easy on the wallet. And of course it tastes great.

 
 

Here's What You Need

 
2 cups cooked brown rice
1/4 cup of pecans
1/4 cup of chopped onion
1 Tbsp butter
1/8 cup of parsley
1 tsp ginger
1 tsp. basil
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp sea salt
 

Here's What You Need To Do

 
Saute your onions in the butter. Then add your pecans and warm them with the onions for about two minutes. Now add the remaining ingredients. Mix them all thoroughly, and you have a divine side dish for your festivities.
 
Food Trivia
White rice is not native to the United States. It was brought to the new world.
 
Music to blog by Aztec Chant by Pev
 
Other Links You Might Enjoy
 
 


12 comments:

  1. Minus the onions, this sounds awesome!! I will totally have to make this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would give the onions a miss as I do not like onions they make my tongue tingle

    ReplyDelete
  3. G'day! Thanks for coming and sharing at our #SayGdayParty Please make sure to revisit if you haven't already and say G'day to the hosts and another person at the party Pinned Cheers! Joanne What's On The List? Sharing is Caring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a delicious recipe. Would love to have you stop by #WW to share!!
    Oh My Heartsie Girl #WW
    Have a great day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would end up eating this all and not sharing with my family (and I will take all of the onions the other commenters are skipping - hee hee)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing your recipe at the Say G’Day linky party. I’ve just pinned this to the Say G’Day Saturday board.

    Hope you are having a great week.

    Best wishes,
    Natasha in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for posting on Motivation Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello cute lady! This looks incredible. Pinned. We really appreciate you taking the time to stop by our party. It wouldn't be a party without you. Please join us on Monday at 7 pm. Happy Saturday! Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never added pecans to rice. Sounds like an interesting dish, but I would have to leave out the onions for my oldest son. Thanks for sharing on Merry Monday and hope you can join us again at 6pm PST on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I will take the onions too! I love the nutty flavor of brown rice so the pecans are a perfect addition for me!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for joining the Nov. Linky Climb.

    -Priyam @ http://priyam-simplejoys.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete