Sunday, November 2, 2014

Thankfulness Month

It is hard to believe that the month of November has arrived. The excitement of Halloween is over, and now we are all looking forward to Thanksgiving. I realized this morning that I have been concentrating so much on how busy I have been, and all of the small things going on around me that I haven't been thankful for the things in my life. Since Thanksgiving is in November, this month kind of is a thankfulness month in my opinion. Here are a few things I am thankful for today.

Reliable Electricity

Yep, it may sound silly, but I'm thankful for it. I read in the news this morning that during the past week over 160 million people had lost electricity in Bangladesh had lost electric power. That is approximately 24 states the size of Indiana that have lost their power. That's a lot of people without power. And that doesn't take into account that 40% of the population in that country doesn't have access to electricity to begin with. Yep, I'm so glad the lights went on when I flipped the switch this morning.


Employment

No, I don't like getting up and going into my job. But I am thankful I have one. Life could be worse. At least I am able to pay the bills with money I earn at my job. Currently, 6.3 percent of the population in the United States is unemployed. Many of us are thinking that's not as bad as it was. Well, you are probably not part of that group that is unemployed then. I'm glad that I have a paycheck.

Food

I like food. I like to cook. I like to eat. And I am thankful for the food that I have. I may not have some of the foods I want to eat all the time, but I am thankful that I am not one of the estimated 870 million people in the world who are malnourished. That statistic is from the World Health Organization in 2012.



Being Single

I am thankful that I am free to decide which men I want to have a relationship with. According to the World Health Organization 39,000 girls each day are married. A child bride is considered any female under the age of 19. And yes, many of these young ladies are being forced to marry men much older than themselves.

 
 
Based on these facts. I believe that I have a lot to be thankful for in my life. What about you?
 
 
Other Links You Might Enjoy
 
 
 


3 comments:

  1. It truly is the month to give thanks. Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop! I hope you’ll join us again next week!

    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino
    The Chicken Chick
    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I am thankful our society does not force marriage on these babies in other countries. God is good to us for which I am thankful. You are a neighbor at Friendship Friday

    ReplyDelete