Friday, November 28, 2014

The Christmas Shopping Challenge

So Black Friday is here. The most anticipated shopping day of the year. So the Christmas shopping challenge has begun for the year 2014. And this year I have challenged myself to spend more money on items Made in the USA. I want to purchase items that are Eco-friendly, and I also want to purchase items that are Fair Trade Certified.

 
So can I do it? Can 75% of the gifts that I purchase this year qualify in one of these three categories? Why this challenge? Well if each of us spend $64 of our Christmas budget on products made in the USA it will create 200,000 jobs. Fair trade products assure that individuals are paid a fair wage for the work they do. And eco-friendly products reduce the amount of trash we put into the world. All of these seem to be good reasons to take the challenge.
 
So follow me through this Christmas shopping challenge, and join in if you like. It can make a little difference in the world we all share.
 
Other posts you might find interesting
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment