Saturday, January 24, 2015

Clash of the Couples Book Review

I was contacted by Crystal Ponti a couple of months ago to see if I would be interested in doing a book review of the new compilation she and a group of bloggers have put together. I was really excited to read the book. Last year I reviewed The Mother of All Meltdowns which was another book that Crystal had put together. I loved the book, and well I knew that the new compilation would be great.

And I wasn't let down. Clash of the Couples shares true stories about relationships. The stories remind me of just how crazy life can be. It covers the everyday dramas that we look back on and laugh. But at the time they were the end of the world. Who would imagine that a sandwich could be the catalyst for an full blown argument? But guess what it happens? It reminds me that the little things are what really make relationships. And it also reminds me that every relationship has had it's moments of insanity. But it also reminded me that relationships are work. There are times when things are great, and then there are those times when you really have to work hard to make it through.

The stories in this collection are humorous. But they also offer insight into what makes a relationship successful. Successful relationship find the humor in the bad times. They celebrate the good times. And most importantly they just don't give up.

So I recommend this book to anyone who wants to gain some understanding of how relationships work.




No comments:

Post a Comment