Thursday, January 22, 2015

Hey I'm an Important Guy

Relationships with co-workers are the strangest relationships in the world. We don't really choose to spend time with our co-workers. The financial world forces us to spend time with these people. We often like our co-workers and sometimes we become friends with our co-workers. But more often than not they are relationships that we just endure.

I was reminded of this today while I was at work. What reminded me of this? Here's what happened.
All of us are working away. The phone rings. A co-worker answers the phone she goes and gets another co-worker and tells him he has a phone call. I ask another co-worker why did she answer the phone we're technically closed today? The co-worker replies I don't know what she's doing?

A half hour passes we are busy little beavers working away. The phone rings again. The same co-worker answers the phone. She gets the co-worker who had a phone call earlier. We ask her why is she answering the phone? We're closed we don't have to answer the phone. She doesn't reply.

This occurs two more times. Finally, the co-worker who has answered the phone exclaims. You have a phone call. I'm not your personal secretary. Don't they know you're at work? And he comes up with the perfect reply to a co-worker. Hey, I'm an important guy!


The lessons I learned that day. Don't make life more difficult than it is. And don't let anyone shake your belief that you are the most important person in the world.

Music to blog by Then Came the Morning by The Lone Bellow

1 comment: