Tuesday, January 6, 2015

It Was a Cold Morning

It was a cold morning here in Indiana yesterday morning. I mean like one of those 9 degrees cold mornings. I knew when I woke up that I am going to have to go out and start my car early. I wish that I had an automatic car starter. But I know that you must go out and brave the cold morning air so that my car is warm when I get in.

 
I run out the door into the cold. I am thinking this won't take long, and I get to the car. I put the key in the lock and unlock the door. I go to open the door, and it won't open. I try again, because I know it's a mistake. It's just early in the morning, and I've not turned the key in the lock properly. I think, okay this is simple, I'll just try the passenger door. The same thing happens!
 
I think to myself this isn't good. Then a brilliant idea comes to me. I run to the back of the car and the hatch opens. I congratulate myself on my brilliance. I am a champion problem solver. As I begin to crawl through the back of the car I hope to myself that a police car doesn't drive by. How will I explain this? I'm breaking into my car because the doors won't open. I hope this doesn't happen, but it does seem like a possibility. I mean it is 3:00 am.
 
I continue to crawl over the backseat of the car into the front seat. I breathe a sigh of relief when the car starts. I look around the car and note to myself the windows seem a little frostier than before I came outside. I think to myself oh, yeah, the hatch is open.
 
Things are looking better. I know that I'll be able to open the driver's door from the inside. I try, and it doesn't happen. I think to myself why do I have to have this special kind of luck? I also think now I have to crawl through the hatch again. But then something tells me that I should try the passenger door. It opens, and I realize I really do have a special kind of luck because it all worked out in the end.
 
Hope everyone is staying warm this cold winter morning!
 
Music to blog by Sweeter Love by blue six

2 comments:

  1. Ok this cracked me up, I kept thinking how funny it would had been if you were crawling into the wrong car and how funny it would be for you to try and explain to the cops why you had to crawl into the car to start with

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your sense of humor! This fun post is being featured on my blog today as part of Tuesdays with a Twist blog hop: http://www.godsgrowinggarden.com/2015/01/time-to-link-up-tuesdays-with-twist_13.html
    Thanks!
    Angie

    ReplyDelete