Friday, January 9, 2015

It's Not Like We're Just a Little Busy Here

It's not like we're just a little busy here were the exact words that fell out of the mouth of someone I know the other day. She was upset because other people weren't helping us with a project. You know they said they would help out, and we are so busy. We don't have time to do all of this was what she was saying. I thought to myself isn't that the pot calling the kettle black?



You see she was right. The individuals she was talking about weren't doing their share. But what she forgot was all the times she hasn't pulled her weight in the project. The times she was late because of her house flooding. The times when she missed out on the project because her children were sick. The times when she just couldn't focus in because there was too much drama in her life. The times when she wanted to do the bare minimum that was required of her.

The entire incident made me think about how important it is to just do a little something extra when you can. And let's face it most of us have an extra two minutes to do something a little extra that will make somebody else's day a little easier. Don't we? So as I went through the next day I pushed myself a little harder to do things that make other people's life a little easier for that day because you never know when you're going to need someone to do a little something extra for you.

Music to blog by Bye Bye Pride by The Go-Betweens

3 comments:

  1. You know I often feel like I am the only one doing stuff in my family and it is bloody annoying just so you know, I also had to explain to my daughter what the "pot calling the kettle black" meant once and that made me feel old

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great attitude, Heidi! If we all went out of our way to help one another, how much better everyone's lives would be!
    Thanks so much for visiting and commenting on Saved by Grace!
    Your blog is a blessing and I am now following it, and I invite you to follow Saved by Grace also:
    http://savedbygracebiblestudy.blogspot.com/
    Love in Him,
    Laurie Collett

    ReplyDelete
  3. We sometimes can be quick to forget the times other have help us.

    ReplyDelete