Friday, January 2, 2015

Starting the New Year

The past month I spent a great deal of time working. When I spend so much time working it doesn't always bring out the qualities I like the best about my personality. I get impatient, bossy, and at times grumpy. I also have the tendency to get very caught up in what needs to be done. I just have trouble slowing down. And so I don't really end up seeing the things that are really important to me that need to be done. And there is a little bit of transition time for me from the time that I am going non-stop to getting back to myself.


And this past week has been that transition back to the normal. I was winding down some. But I wasn't back to normal. And New Year's Day was the day that I was pretty much forced to slow down. I woke up thinking of all of the things I needed to accomplish during the day. I had to get a lot done before my friend picked me up so we could go visit some friends that live out of town.

My friend arrived a little early. And I thought to myself I didn't get everything finished that I needed to. I ran out to the car thinking I wish I could have accomplished one more thing. My friend began driving, and I found myself being that person that drives me crazy. I was being a backseat driver! The horror! I apologized to my friend. And every time I wanted to tell him where to turn I bit my tongue. I just needed to let go of the control I was trying to get control of. I mean really why did we need to go the way that I was pointing out? It didn't make a difference.

As the day went by I could feel myself winding down a little. I was able to have a day when I didn't have to get things completed by a certain time in the day. And well I was able to relax. I was able to joke and laugh with friends instead on focusing on the things I needed to complete I was able to focus on the moment.

So thanks to my friends for making me start the new year the right way by slowing down and enjoying the day.

Music to blog by Losing Faith by Backbeat Soundsystem


2 comments:

  1. My favorite quote ever is Ferris Bueller, "Life moves pretty fast, you don't stop and look around once in awhile you could miss it." Sometimes it's so hard to slow down, its awesome that you have good friends to help you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like listening to music as I read blogs

    ReplyDelete