Monday, February 16, 2015

That Scares Me to Death

I was out with a friend a few weeks ago. She told me that I should go through my blog posts and start editing them to see if I have enough material for a book. I thought to myself now there is an idea. And then I thought to myself that scares me to death. I've thought about it. And why does that scare me so much?

And I've decided that there are two reasons that scares me to death. The first reason is that I could fail. The second reason is I could succeed. When I finally figured this out I thought this is kind of crazy. So why do I have this crazy fear going on?



Fear of Failing

This one makes sense to me. It's a normal fear. What if nobody likes what I put together? What if I just can't do it? I've conquered these fears before. To me it's just a matter of starting and moving through the whatever is going on, and before you know it you're over your fear. So I can do that.

Fear of Success

This one kind of baffled me when I first realized it. But I've decided that there is a fear of things changing. You know that moving out of my comfort zone. I won't know what to expect things will be topsy turvy. There will be a new normal. And then will it mean that people expect more out of me? Will they place more demands on me? I'm basically happy with the expectations that people have of me.

So what's the first step? I've decided that since this is a project that putting together a book might be something that interests me, that I should start going through old posts and see what I have. Hey, even though it scares you it doesn't mean you shouldn't try it out should you?

Read This Post
Dear Tank Man

7 comments:

  1. I'd say, give it a shot, my friend! Hear beyond the pounding heart and go with what you really want to do. Fear is a part of the bigger parcel called challenge. There is no escape from that. Take the plunge.

    Hugs,
    Tanya
    http://tanyaanurag.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am doing exactly the same thing so I identify with this post 100%. Best of luck xx

    #BigTopBlogParty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Moving out of your comfort zone is a very difficult thing to do. I think you should just go for it. #BigTopBlogParty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got this! Don't let fear stand in your way of success.

    Thank you for tossing your hat into the ring at the Party Under The Big Top! We hope to see you again next week! #BigTopBlogParty

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the same exact fears so I know what you are going through. But you have the right idea for sure and I have the utmost faith that you will exceed even your own expectations. I recently read this quote, "If you find yourself asking yourself (and your friends) "Am I really a writer? Am I really an artist?" Chances are you are. The counterfeit innovator is wildly self confident. The real one is scared to death!" ~Steven Pressfield "the War of Art"

    Just thought that was so very fitting for this piece! Thank you for joining us and linking up to Party Under the Big Top! Hope to see you again next time!

    Wishing you a fabulous week!

    Much love,
    Lysa xx
    Welcome to My Circus
    #BigTopBlogParty

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wrote on my blog a post titled "Go Fearless." You ought to check it out, it just might encourage you even more to "go for it."

    ReplyDelete