Sunday, February 8, 2015

Things That Make Life Great

So often we focus on the things that make life difficult. We talk about the things we don't like. But there are so many things that actually make life great. This week these are a few of the things that have made my life great.

SNOW

I don't like winter. In fact I can't stand it. But the morning after it snowed this week. I walked outside and realized that the snow was really beautiful. And even though it was freezing cold, the crunchy sound the snow made as I stepped on it was kind of cool. And there are times when I wonder Is Mother Nature Really Out to Get Us? But that day I appreciated the beauty of the snow.


EXTRA HELP

Wednesday's are usually just awful at my job. We are short staffed, and well that means we all have to work extra hard. In fact this last week I was absolutely dreading going to work. Low and behold someone scheduled an extra person to work that morning. It was wonderful! Thank you to whoever managed to get us extra help. It was awesome to not be so exhausted at the end of the day!

MY CAT CAPTAIN


He drives me crazy because he requires so much attention. But some days it's just nice to have some thing warm and soft who's only real desire is to spend quality time with me.

DON HALL'S CHICAGO BURGERS


This photo of Don Hall's Old Gas House Restaurant & Bar is courtesy of TripAdvisor

I was craving a really good hamburger. You know one that isn't made by a fast food joint. Don Hall's has the best in town. They taste fabulous. It's a real burger! If you ever visit Fort Wayne and you want a great hamburger. Get one of these you won't be disappointed.

NEW TO ME SHOES

I found a new to me pair of shoes at the Goodwill this past week when I was thrifting. I needed them so bad. The pair that I got a few months ago are already torn up. So I have new shoes to wear to work that are comfortable and don't look awful.

So what are the things that have made your life great this week?

Music to blog by Witness by Makthaverskan


10 comments:

  1. Oh how very true! Thank you for this reminder today... I think I will have to send you some of our Summer:)

    Visiting from The Art Of Homemaking Mondays today!

    Hugs,
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. A find of new shoes at a second-hand store always puts a smile on my face too! Thanks for sharing with us at the Art of Home-Making Mondays this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to know that you had a nice week. I share your views on cold and snow. Not a fan of winters but snow does make me excited [ I like in NC. It hardly snows here. Guess, it explains my love for snow better ;) ] Hope you get some extra help this Wednesday too :)

    -Tanya
    http://tanyaanurag.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love winter, one of my favorite seasons. Snow makes everything fresh and clean and when the sun shines on it, it's like diamonds dancing on everything. Love snow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet, uplifting post! My favorite part is you snuggling with Captain! I have 6 cats, but my bestie is Charlie - also all white. He stalks me all day long - sometimes to the point of being annoying. But like you, it sure is nice to have someone who will ALWAYS want nothing but to be your favorite person!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, my dear! I must say that I am the opposite...I love Winter :) I wish I could send you the warm weather we have been having for I would gladly trade with you.

    Your cat is just too cute! Thank you for sharing at Roses of Inspiration - I hope you join us again next Tuesday. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello beautiful! Great post. Pinned and tweeted. Thank you for being a part of our party and we hope to see you on Monday at 7 pm. We can't wait to party with you! Happy Valentines' Day! Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful gratitude list! And what a gorgeous cat - so pure and white. Our furry creatures are great!

    ReplyDelete