Sunday, March 1, 2015

March Goals

My faithful followers know that I set some goals for the month of February.  (You can check out the original post by clicking on the link.)

I did pretty good on the four goals that I set up. First many of you will be glad to hear that the bunny has been released from the refrigerator. And it is no longer packed full of unused items. I cleaned it! And I feel much better. I also don't have to dig through a ton of stuff in order to find what I'm looking for. It wasn't nearly as big of a project as I really thought it would be. I simply threw out unused items whenever I opened the refrigerator. It worked. And all I have to do is continue this and the bunny will never be back in the fridge.


I finished the blue and white painting. And everyone says it looks great. Thank you all for the great feedback. I really appreciate it! We always get encouragement from places we don't expect it from.
Zentangle in Blue was a success.
Then I also wanted to pamper myself and get a manicure. I decided to do it myself. I used to do my nails once a week while I watched a movie. But life has become pretty busy over the years and I just stopped doing it. I forgot how relaxing it was to just have to sit still while the polish was drying. I couldn't do anything because I would smudge the polish if I did anything. I did an owl nail art. It didn't turn out perfect, but hey you have to start out somewhere with nail art don't you? I think that I used to use something to harden the polish quicker. I need to find some of that stuff again.
 
And last I was in desperate need of balance in my life. The past few months I have been working and working and working. I finally informed my boss that I could not work seven days a week indefinitely. And she actually got the point this time! Hey money is great, but you need to be able to do something other than work. Also I had a little bit more focus because I announced publicly some of the things that were important to me. It made me a little bit more accountable, and it motivated me to complete things. I didn't just think about what I want to do. I actually did it! Hurray for me! I was also blessed with an additional co-worker in the past couple of weeks. That made life so much easier. Thank God! I am no longer doing two people's job. This provided me with some extra energy when I got off of work.
 
So what are my March goals. Let's get the month started right.

Seed Bombs

Yes, spring arrives in March, and I have always been fascinated with seed bombs. I just think they are cool. I really want to learn how to make them. And use them. If anybody has a good tutorial on how to make the pretty ones let me know so I can check them out.

Belly Dancing

While I get loads of exercise at my job. Trust me I move and lift stuff constantly. I think it's best if I start to work something different into my exercise routine. I have a belly dancing cd that was given to me as a gift a few years ago. I've used it occasionally, but this month is the month I'm really going to focus in on it. Let's say three times a week. That's a good place to start isn't it? And I know I won't look as great as the picture or do it as well, but once again you have to start somewhere.
 

The Oven

When I made the Huevos Rancheros Sandwich I had a minor incident with the cheese. While I was cleaning up some of the mess. I realized that like the fridge I have put off cleaning the oven. It has to be done this month. And it needs to be a thorough job. It's going to happen!
 

Editing

In my post That Scares Me To Death I talked about how a friend mentioned that I should start looking at whether or not I have enough material for a book. This month I will choose four posts that might be good material for a book and begin editing them.
 
So these are my March Goals. Have any of you set goals for yourself? And how are you doing on them.
 
Looking for Something Else to Read
 




 

5 comments:

  1. Good for you for lightening your work schedule! When you're done with your oven you can come do mine! I hate that chore worse than any other!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should clean my oven but I am so lazy that I keep putting it off

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm doing belly dancing at home. :D It's fun although I think it's more fun when you're out in a class. But anyway, I'm enjoying it still.

    I hope you achieve all your goals for March.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your oven looks like mine. I have every thing I need to clean now I just have to do it! And I cleaned my fridge last week. Wasn't too bad of a job.
    Your painting is wonderful and the nail art is cute. I don't wear polish anymore as I work with chemicals. I do go a bit crazy with my toe nails in the summer though. LOL

    My Sunday Post - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/03/01/whats-new-on-my-bookshelf-99-and-the-sunday-post/

    ReplyDelete
  5. The blue and white painting is lovely! And so glad bunny was removed from the fridge :) Thanks for sharing your goals with us on the Art of Home-Making Mondays. Have a lovely week and have fun with the stove! :)

    ReplyDelete