Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Chocolove Chilies & Cherries In Dark Chocolate Review

 
So I was at the grocery store the other day. And this Chilies & Cherries in Dark Chocolate bar jumped into my shopping cart. I guess it wasn't until I saw the movie Chocolate that I realized that there were many other ingredients that could be added to chocolate bars. And I dark chocolate is something I learned to love later in life.

So I decided it was time for me to try chilies in my chocolate. I wasn't sure what to expect, but I was pleasantly surprised. This chocolate bar is made by Chocolove. The package states that it contains Ancho and Chipolte chili peppers for heat. It states that the cherries are the sweet. I found that the chocolate has that slight bitter taste of dark chocolate, but then the cherries jump out, and then there is a little bit of heat. It was a pleasant combination.

The packaging is great. It's wrapped in a red paper and then again in gold foil. I also like that this Chocolove is an American company based out of Boulder, CO. I also like that the company is involved in supporting the cocoa community globally.

If you're looking for a good tasting chocolate bar with a slight twist on the norm, this one is for you.

1 comment:

  1. I do like dark chocolate but can only have a little bit at a time, not sure I would like one with chilies in it

    ReplyDelete