Saturday, April 4, 2015

How I Love Those Who Say What They Think

Voltaire once said, How I love those who say what they think, those that only half think are only half alive.

But is saying what you think always wise? We all know those people who say exactly what they think. And well they don't care about how what they say makes others feel. It is important to be honest with other people, but is there a way to do it without being thoughtless? We all know there is.

But how do you deal with the person who says whatever pops into their heads?

1. Remember they are just being themselves. Some people are just blunt. And you can't change that. It's their personality. Diversity after all is the spice of life.

2. Be tactful with your responses. The old saying two wrongs don't make a right is absolutely true. While you may not have control over what the other individual says, you do have control over what you say. Just because the way they phrase something may be hurtful doesn't mean that you have to be hurtful too.

3. Let it roll off your back. If you can't change it. Let it go! Most of these people don't mean to be hurtful. Don't realize what they are doing. So since you can't change it let it go!

4 comments:

  1. Fantastic post!! Such wisdom!
    Thank you for sharing & Happy Easter!
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wise words! Happy Easter! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am pretty much one of those people who says what I think, maybe I should say, I "tell it like it is".........if someone asks me for advice etc, too bad.....they are going to hear what I think. I may temper it to be nicer but I will always lay it on the line. www.catchatwithcarenandcody.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. It took me a while to learn to think it not say it, I think most young people do not know that they should think it not say it because saying it could either cause trouble or hurt someone we love and care about

    ReplyDelete