Monday, April 27, 2015

The Double Whammy

While I normally try to focus on the good things in life. Today, I'm going to focus on the challenges I've faced this week. This weekend I was hit with the double whammy! Two things happened that are a little bit challenging.

The first situation happened Friday. I arrived at work that morning. I was happy. It was payday Friday! Who isn't happy on payday Friday? I was happy, and then I went to get my paycheck it wasn't there. My boss immediately begins calling all of the offices around town. Nobody has my paycheck. They are hoping it will arrive by Saturday morning. It doesn't arrive. So I ask did they issue me a check? They had to, you register in the system. They call the accounting department, they don't get any information from them. The tax department tells them I am a pending employee. So I guess no check was issued. Well I ask am I supposed to come into work? I get the evil look. And I'm frustrated. Monday comes the boss calls did they find your check? Um, no I don't think they issued one. The boss is currently working on it.

The second situation happened Sunday. I came home from work on Saturday afternoon and Bobaloo wasn't at the door to greet me. This was unusual. I called for her and she came out. But she wasn't herself. I thought she didn't feel well. I thought she will be back to normal in the morning. The problem was she wasn't back to normal. In fact she was worse. Finding a vet's office that is open on a Sunday is not easy, but I did. We ran to the vet. She was examined by the vet. And the news wasn't good. She needed emergency surgery. The cost was $2,000. If she didn't have the surgery the vet recommended that she be put to sleep. And it couldn't wait. And I didn't have $2,000. I had to tell the vet that Bobaloo would need to be put to sleep. So, I left the vet's office with tears and an empty cat carrier.
 
 

So this last weekend was not the best weekend I have ever had. And while I know that this is just a spurt and good things will return to my life. I am wondering why does this all happen at once?

5 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry for your loss. I had to have my deaf hound girl, Ran, euthanized a week ao yesterday. She first got sick the end of the year - she was diagnosed with an autoimmune disorder. For 3-1/2 months, she was back and forth to the vet for bloodtests, more medications, and many of the times given fluids since she was getting dehydrated. Despite all we did - and nearly $3000 in vet bills, her health deteriorated and at the end, I couldn't let her suffer. I know the pain. I've lost seven dogs and cats in my lifetime - before Ran. They all were much older and passed from age-related issues. Three of the dogs were 16 and one of the cats, my Anya, was just short of her 20th birthday. I never dreamed I would lose my Ran so early. I should have had another decade with her. My senior girl, Suki, is the one I figured I'd have to say goodbye to first, and yet she's still here and Ran is not. It isn't fair, is it? We wish we could have them with us forever. Sending prayers to you and Bobaloo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry for your lost. It is always difficult to say goodbye to a friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness - I'm so sorry for your loss. I know what you are feeling - I hope that you can find some comfort soon. Will you be looking for another cat child?
    I'll be praying for you
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how sad, losing a pet is so terrible been through that loss a few times myself, it sucks when you don't get paid Natasha had trouble getting her first pay from her new job

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry for your loss. What a horrible shock it must have been...<3

    ReplyDelete