Tuesday, May 5, 2015

A New Pet Human

I am the cat outside the door. I have spent the past winter observing a human. And I do believe that this human would make a good pet.

I wanted to move in with this human last fall, but there was another feline there that was quite territorial. And attempts to enter the house have been met with resistance. There has been no room at this inn for a feline like myself. But the human at this house has fed me through the winter. I found a warm spot near to sleep at a neighbors house. She had a vent near her window which provided me with plenty of warmth. So I have stuck around.

I noticed this last week that something has changed. That little feisty feline is no longer living there. After communicating with the big white cat in the house, I recently learned that the household was hit with the double whammy. I feel for the human and feline in this home. They have suffered great loss in the past couple of weeks.

But I am also seeing an opportunity here. I believe since there is a vacancy in the house I may be able to move into the house. The big white cat is feeling a little lonely. He has never lived by himself. And I have seen that the human is softening up to me. She has been talking to me more. So I am confident that at some point I will be moving in, and I will have a new pet human.

Read another post by the household cats.
Smokey's Oscar List



11 comments:

  1. My oldest cat's thoughts revolve around is there water in the bowl and where can I take my nap?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well that was a lovely story Mr cat outside :-)

    Have a scratchtastic day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute & inquisitive, just like a cat should be!
    Thanks for sharing at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2015/05/the-bubble-man.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well little cat outside the door, I hope you are the cat inside the door next time we cross paths.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Im sorry for the loss, :( I hope that Sir Kitty gets a new home soon, inside!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw so cute! What a great post! So sorry for your loss though.
    Bobbyanne x
    PromisingBeauty.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think this cat is definitely in with a chance - perseverance will win out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cats are fascinating, aren't they? Soubi, my little boy is amazing. That is really a cute post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What can I say? Well I read it all, so it kept me amused. I am cheering the cat on and hope it is warm and fed.
    Kathleen
    Fridays Blog Booster Party

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry for you loss! I know how that is. Glad to see you have two again! Found you on Fridays Blog Booster Party!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a sweet kitty, and very persistent too. I am so sorry about the loss of your other kitty. Glad you linked up with us at the best of the blogosphere this week! Hope to see you back again!

    ReplyDelete