Tuesday, May 12, 2015

DAGOBA Lavender Blueberry Dark Chocolate Bar Review

There's that quote I'd rather fall in chocolate than fall in love. DAGOBA lavender blueberry dark chocolate bars will make you feel this way. I recently picked up one of these chocolate bars at the store, and I've decided to share what I think of this product.

When I looked at chocolate bars that day, I thought to myself I have never tried anything with a lavender and blueberry combination. It flew into the shopping cart.

When they say presentation is important, it is true. I really like the color of this packaging. It made me wonder just how much of the lavender flavor would come through when I tasted the chocolate. So when I got home and broke off a bite I immediately tasted that slightly bittersweet taste of dark chocolate. Then there were blueberries in the chocolate, and yes the slight taste of lavender. I liked the mixture. The lavender just added a little something extra to the two different flavors.

I like the fact that Dagoba is an organic chocolate. Yeah, it costs more than a Hershey bar, but the chocolate is great. And I didn't realize when I bought it, but this chocolate bar contains protein. That's a bonus! And I like that it is aligned with The Rainforest Alliance. They encourage more growers to grow their chocolate organically.

The one thing I didn't like was that I had to go to a store that carries mainly health foods in order to purchase the chocolate bar. I have never seen it at my local grocery store. But maybe that just made it a little more special.

Want to know what I think of other chocolates? Check out this post.
Chocolove Chilies & Cherries in Dark Chocolate Review

No comments:

Post a Comment