Saturday, May 9, 2015

Everyday Celebrations

Everyday we see things that just make life special. Sometimes we notice them and remember them, and then sometimes we take them for granted. This week there have been several everyday celebrations in my life.

Balancing my personal life and work life has been a challenge for me lately. I am so thankful that I was able to have time to go to lunch with a couple of friends this week. It's good to be able to talk about what is going on in each others life. Sometimes just hearing about other people's problems makes mine seem miniscule. Time spent with good people is always a blessing.
As I was sitting in the restaurant with my friends, I saw a couple walking down the street with a piñata. It's not something you see everyday, but it was May the fourth. And people were definitely planning their celebrations for Cinco de Mayo. As we left the restaurant, I noticed that the store next to it was a piñata shop. You could see balloons with newspaper on them through the window. Wouldn't it be cool to have that as your profession?
 

That day seemed to be a day when I was seeing unusual things. As I was driving home, I saw a man going to his mailbox dressed in a trench coat. It was a warm day, so having a coat on seemed odd. When I looked at him closer, he didn't have pants on. Not sure if he had anything on under that coat, and I'm glad I didn't find out. But really who walks to the mailbox with just a trench coat on? I am thankful for something that made me laugh.
I am thankful that I was able to spend some time working in my yard this week. I really enjoy flowers, and it always seems to relax me when I have time to go out and work with the soil. And my neighbors are always glad when the jungle in the back yard gets under control.
 
 
What great things are going on in your life?



Read some more!
I'm So Glad For

6 comments:

  1. Haha, someone in a trench coat with no pants! That makes me laugh too.

    Heidi, I want to nominate you for the Liebster Award. This post will tell you more about it, http://www.cookwithashoe.com/general/nominated-for-the-liebster-award/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am grateful that most of my family is in good health. We do have one member with a health problem right now and so we're just praying for her. It does make you grateful for what you do have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great things in my life, can't think of a single great thing at this point, life is pretty much same old same old

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Heidi,

    I don't trust that man going to the mailbox . . . nope . . . not a bit. Love your blue blooms. Isn’t it fun finding blues to share? Thanks for playing today.

    Happy Blue Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad he was walking away. LOL. I actually saw a streaker when I was a teenage
    We were at the corner Dr. Pepper stop and my father had his head in the cooler and missed the whole thing! Thanks for bringing back that funny memory. I joined Sally today too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Spring cleaning :)

    Thank you for sharing on the Art of Home-Making Mondays Heidi! Have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete