Friday, May 1, 2015

Spinach and Broccoli Side Dish

Who doesn't need a good and healthy side dish with their meal? Spring is here and we will begin to see more fresh vegetables around. Here is a spinach and broccoli side dish that is healthy and easy to make.
 

What You'll Need

3 cups of Spinach
2 cups of Zucchini slices
3 sliced Scallions
1 cup of Cherry Tomatoes halved
3 cloves of garlic chopped
2 cups chopped broccoli
1/4 cup olive oil
1 Tablespoon sea salt
Ground Pepper to taste

What to Do

Heat your oil in a skillet. Add your garlic and scallions and saute them. Then add your spinach until it's a little wilty. Then the broccoli, zucchini, and finally the cherry tomatoes. Then serve you side dish with your meal.
 
Did you know that consuming spinach is actually good for your hair? It's true! Spinach contains a high amount of Vitamin A which is important to maintaining your hair well moisturized.
 
Another Great Recipe Involving Spinach
 
 


6 comments:

  1. Wow! It looks delicious and so easy to make. I will be pinning for the next time I will have the ingredients around. Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that is one colorful, healthy looking meal. I would use that for the whole meal not just a side dish. Very nice Heidi.
    Kathleen
    Fridays Blog Booster Party

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of these are in abundance at our farmers' markets right now and what a nutrient dense way to serve them up! Our bodies will love that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I could like broccoli. I do almost like spinach, but I can't eat it cooked. It does look good. I'll tell my daughter about it. She likes both.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't know spinach is good for my hair! that's another reason I should eat it more! Looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had no idea about spinach being good for your hair either! Good to know. Thanks for linking up this yummy looking dish to #bigTopBlogParty

    ReplyDelete