Monday, May 4, 2015

The Buried Giant Book Review

I recently read The Buried Giant is a book by Kazuo Ishuguro. And I thought that I would share it what I thought about the book.

The Buried Giant by Kazuo Ishiguro
 
The book is about an elderly couple named Axl and Beatrice. They live in the time King Arthur, and a mist has covered the land. The mist has stolen people's memories. It has stolen memories about the couples son. And they decide they want to go see him. Along they way they meet several individuals. And Axl finds that he has forgotten much more about his life than his son. And by the end of the story when the fog lifts and memories return, he finds that sometimes forgetting some things about the past can actually be a good thing.

I enjoyed that there was a little bit of a mystery that revolved around Axl in this book. There is much more to him than you would expect. He actually has a complicated past. I also like that the book focused on an older couple seeking adventure. The only thing I didn't like about this book is that there seems to be something more to the book that I just didn''t come together. It is a good book that is worth reading, but maybe there was something deeper that I just didn't grasp. Or perhaps, I expected more adventure since it was set in the time of King Arthur.

I would recommend this book to individuals who are looking for a love stories. This is a romance novel, but it's a true love story. The couple is devoted to each other.

So if you are running to your local library check out this book.

Looking for another book check out what I think about
Sea Witch Book Review



No comments:

Post a Comment