Sunday, June 21, 2015

Don't Even Say It

So someone drops a verbal bomb on you. They tell you something that just makes you angry. So many things come through your mind. You see images of the road runner and the coyote from the Looney Tunes cartoons. You know the one where the anvil falls on the coyotes head.

You think of a million things to say to that person who has dropped a verbal bomb on you. And then something says to you don't even say it.
 
Yep, it happened to me yesterday afternoon. I was at work, thinking that the work week was winding down. I wasn't going to have to work on Sunday. And then I was talking to my boss. She was telling me some things that were going on in the company. She was explaining to me that is why my co-worker and I were working tomorrow. Wait a minute! Nobody told me I was working tomorrow. She informed me that my supervisor was supposed to have told me earlier. Um, well no they didn't. My initial urge was to tell her you are the rudest and stupidest person on the planet! And I'm not doing that. Then that voice said don't even say it! So I took a deep breath and went outside for a couple of minutes. I felt that now was not the time to voice the feelings I had. I decided that there had to be another place to voice my emotions. And well this is the place for today.
 
Hope you all have a great day!
 
Another great post!
 
Did you just burn your clothes

1 comment:

  1. Oh yeah we all have had times when we want to say something like that be the sensible thing to do is to take a breath walk away and calm down before saying something that will make it worse

    ReplyDelete