Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Easy No Cook Apricot Jam

Yes, I have to admit it. I really like apricots. Maybe it's the great combination of sweet and sour taste they have. Or maybe it's because we always had apricots around the house when I was growing up. My dad loved them and snacked on them frequently. Anyway, I wanted some jam, and when I looked around the house this is what I came up with. This is an easy way to prepare a jam that tastes great.


What You Need

18 oz of dried apricots
2 cups of apple juice
1 cup of honey
1 fresh lemon
1 Tablespoon cinnamon

Here's What You Do

Soak your apricots in the apple juice overnight. The next day add your remaining ingredients and run it through a food processor. It's that easy.

Did you know that dried apricots are a great source of iron. But since they are high in sugar make sure you brush your teeth after eating them.

Another healthy recipe
Peach Parfait
yogurt peach recipe

3 comments:

  1. That was nice and simple, I figure from the recipe that it tastes good too. Thanks for bringing this recipe to Fridays #BlogBoosterParty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks really good. We had a big apricot tree in our back yard and this would have been perfect. Thanks for sharing. Visiting from Strangers & Pilgrims.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to try and make homemade jam. Looks delicious! Thanks for sharing with Small Victories Sunday linkup. Pinned to our linkup board.

    ReplyDelete