Monday, June 1, 2015

So Many Pills

A few years ago I went to Florida to visit my parents. We finished breakfast one morning, and my father announced I need to fill his pillbox. He pulled out one of those huge Ziploc bags like the gallon sized ones filled with pill bottles. My eyes opened wide, and I thought there are so many pills. He began opening each of the slots in his pillbox. I watched as he squinted with his one good eye, and began plopping pills in each of the slots. After quite a while he closed all the little lids. He told me that he just had to keep a couple of the vitamins he took out because they didn't fit into the slots. I thought to myself how can he keep all of those straight? And surely there has to be an easier way to do this.

And then later that week he told me we needed to go get some medication at the pharmacy. He explained that he got some of his medication through the VA, which was very nice. And that he got some of his medication at a local pharmacy. It all just seemed pretty complicated. And once again I thought to myself there had to be an easier way to do this.

I didn't know then that there is an easier way to handle this. It's a company called Pillpack. They actually deliver pills in pill packs to your house. And by pill packs I mean that the pills for morning meds come separate from afternoon pills. This would have been so much easier for my father. They also deliver to homes. No more trips to the pharmacy. And the pharmacists are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week. This is a service I wish I had known about. So if you know someone with so many pills they don't fill in the pillbox, maybe it's time to look around for a different way to handle their medication.


Check Out Another Post
Operation Clean Medicine Cabinet



1 comment:

  1. That Pillpack sounds like our Webster packs the tables are made up for a month with morning, lunch, tea and bedtime tablets in their own bubble, I have to get Webster packs for Leo for his midday medication at school

    ReplyDelete