Monday, June 15, 2015

Vegetable Korma

Every once and a while you want something that is different from the norm. Vegetable Korma is a healthy meal that could be what you are looking for. It's easy to prepare and it utilizes some spices that give it a little exotic taste. So it's like traveling to foreign place while you're eating.

Here's What You Need

2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 purple onion diced
1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
3 tablespoons minced garlic
2 red potatoes diced
1/2 cup water
1 cup tomato sauce
2 tablespoons curry powder
1 package of frozen vegetables
1 cup coconut milk

Here's What You Do

Add the oil to a pan, saute the onion, then add the ginger garlic and potatoes. Then add the water, tomato sauce, and the curry powder. And bring it to a simmer. Stir and cover cook for another 6 to 8 minutes. Add the mixed vegetables and coconut milk and simmer for another 5 to 10 minutes.

Serve it with naan or basmati rice. I used  Stonefire Tandoor Naan. It was a great pairing.

Now all you have to do is put on a Bollywood movie and enjoy your Vegetable Korma. My suggestion is Mere Brother Ki Dulhan. It's in Hindi so you have to read the dialogue.

Love curry then check out this recipe



5 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy, I would enjoy the veggies! Enjoy your day and have a happy week ahead! Thanks for visiting my post, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really wish I liked vegetables!! its a problem. Sounds good though even with the veggies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks very simple to make. I haven't used curry before so I might have to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds yummy! I love naan bread and often make pizza with it. Thanks for sharing with Thursday Favorite Things and hope you have an amazing weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm in love with this! Thank you for sharing this with us! Pinned and tweeted! I hope to see you at tonight's party. We are always so impressed with your creations and can't wait to see them! Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete