Sunday, June 7, 2015

What Will June Offer?

I just realized this morning that it's June, and we are half way through this year. And I've thought about my word for the year which is complete. At the beginning of the year I decided I would set goals each month so that I would complete more tasks during the year. May was not a month that I was able to complete very many things. So let's take a look at my May Goals, and how I did.

My first goal for the month of May was to get my gutters cleaned. I am sad to say that I didn't get this finished. Yes, I thought about doing this, but with my crazy work schedule this past month I didn't get it finished. I thought about calling someone and paying for them to do it, but anybody who knows me knows that making phone calls is not my strength. So I put it off. Ugh! Will I ever stop putting off important phone calls? I just have an aversion to speaking on the phone.

My second goal was to create another zentangle. I started this, but due to the massive amount of overtime I worked this month, I didn't finish it. But I will continue to work on the zentangle since it does relax me. My work schedule for a week or so is a little less hectic so I should have time to do things that relax me.


The third goal was to review pictures on my blog. Well, I looked at some of them, and I planned out some photos I want to take, but I have not had the opportunity to take them. This was a lot more difficult to do than I thought. So I need to figure out a way to make this easier.

But I did complete the goal of updating my resume. I've always found it to be difficult to do this because I can't explain what I do very well. It seems like you are bragging about yourself. I know the point of the resume is to sell yourself, but why don't people just understand how wonderful I am just by looking at me?

So I only completed 50% of my goals for the month of May, not a success story by any means, but I didn't sit around and do nothing about things in my life. And my time was limited.

So here are the June goals.

Clean Out My Old Car

I paid my insurance today. And I realized that I am paying insurance on two cars. Since I don't drive the one I need to get rid of the old car. Now I am no neatnik when it comes to my car. I have the tendency to leave tons of crap in the car, thinking I will get it later. Well later has finally arrived.

 

Make a Sugar Scrub

I love sugar scrubs they always make my skin feel so much better. I just want a really great recipe. I need something to pamper myself. If you know of a good recipe let me know.
 

Find Some Good Things

The past few months I have spent time complaining about not having enough time to do things I want because I work so much. And I am working about 60 hours a week. But as I listened to a co-worker the other day complaining about all of the hours she was working, I realized I don't like listening to that. So I need to start finding some good things about my job. I need to stop focusing on the negative. Nobody wants to hear that all the time.
 

Work On My Art Journal

A couple of months ago I started an art journal, and well it is really in the beginning stages. I enjoyed doing it. Putting together some of my doodles on pages. I want to do some more of this. It was just fun. And I like looking at what I've put together so far.
 
So what will June offer? I'm not sure, but these are a few of the things I really want to accomplish this month. What do you want to accomplish this month?
 
Read this post!
 



4 comments:

  1. I love my art journals. I had a job where I wasn't very happy. While I can't draw very well, just putting color and abstract on the page was very cathartic.

    This June I'm clearing out the junk and organizing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank goodness that Monthly goals are not legal documents. It sound like you worked really hard anyway. Hopefully you will have more time for your goals this month. Wow half the year gone, that is hard to think about.
    Thanks for visiting and sharing on Fridays Blog Booster Party#9. Come again on Friday.
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey completing 50% of your May goals isn't shabby. Congrats on getting those accomplished and good luck on this months goals!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah it is June and the year is just about half over and of course I have done bugga all during the first half of the year, my special girl has turned 26 last Saturday on the 6th.

    ReplyDelete