Sunday, July 5, 2015

July Goals 2015

Once again I have to say that it is hard to believe that it is July already. The past month has been a blur. I feel as if I am still struggling to finish things I start. Well I don't just feel like I am struggling with it. I know it! I can't figure out why this is such a struggle for me. It gets pretty frustrating when I don't finish what I start. I feel as though my job takes up so much of my time, but if I don't have a job I can't pay the bills. I'm sure this is a problem for pretty much everyone. So if you check out my post What Will June Offer you'll find that I wanted to complete these goals.

1. Clean out my old car
2. Make sugar scrub
3. Work on my art journal
4. Find some good things about work

It upsets me that this month I only completed one of the four goals I set for myself. I found some good things about work.

One of the good things about work with all of the overtime I have been working, I have been able to catch up on some bills so I am in a much better financial place than I was a year and a half ago. I am really thankful for this.

I have to admit that not completing the goals that I set for June made me feel kind of bad. I'm back to those feeling of never finishing things. But July is a new month, and I plan on making some progress on completing tasks.

So my goals for the month are as follows.

Spend time with people who are important to me

When life gets a little busy, I have the tendency to just stop socializing with people who are important to me. I really don't think this is healthy for me. I don't take time to unwind and do things that I enjoy. I get all caught up in what has to be done and I put together a schedule that is a little too structured. I have the tendency to get a little down because I'm not enjoying what is going on. People are key to getting me out of that rut. So this month, I am going to spend time with the important people in my life at least once a week.

Read for half an hour each day


Earlier this year I set this goal, and I did it. Well this past month or two I haven't done it. I really do enjoy reading, and I am going to spend time reading each day. Reading forces me to focus in on something other than what is going on at the moment. Books offer me the opportunity to visit other places and think about other ways to solve problems. I'm going to spend time reading each day.

I will not look at the clock on my days off

 

I feel like when I get a day off, I spend a great part of the day looking at the clock. I think I do this because my work days are so structured. And I feel like I have so much to accomplish on my few days off that I am constantly looking to see how much time I have left. And I don't get to sit back and enjoy the time off I have. This has to stop, so this month I will not look at the clock all the time when I have a day off. I'm going to let the days go where they go. Can I do it? I think I can.

Clean Out the Old Car

I don't really like caring goals over from a previous month, but this absolutely has to be completed. I need to finish this project up so I can save some money. I'm loosing about a hundred dollars a month by putting this off. And there really is no excuse for it. It's gonna happen this month. Don't get me wrong, I started working on this, but well I didn't complete it.


So what do you want to accomplish in the month of July? And what motivates you to accomplish your goals?

Need a Snack Check out this link
Bacon Cheddar Stuffed Portobello Bites

 

No comments:

Post a Comment