Monday, July 20, 2015

The Waiting Is The Hard Part

Have you ever had times when you are waiting for something good to happen? You don't know exactly when it is gong to happen, but you know deep in your heart that it is going to happen. But the waiting is the hard part. The past two summers I have spent waiting for something to happen.

Each summer has involved waiting of a much different kind. Last summer I was waiting for my father's illness to end. This summer I am waiting for some big changes at my job. And the one thing I have figured out is that I don't like waiting. It doesn't matter if it is a good thing or a bad thing I am waiting for. I don't like it. And even worse I'm not good at it.

So apparently patience is a lesson I have to learn. Now deep in my heart I know all of this is going to be good for me, but somehow I just can't see how at the moment. Or is it that I just don't want to see it?

The struggle I am having with this life lesson is two fold. One I have to keep reminding myself that it is only temporary, and that in the end everything will work out for my good. The second is that I also have to remind myself on a daily basis that I have to enjoy what life has to offer me. These are not easy things for me to remember. But where would the challenge be if it was easy?

Do you find that waiting for things is difficult? And how do you deal with it?

Other posts you might want to read
A Picture of Happiness



No comments:

Post a Comment