Friday, July 24, 2015

Under Pressure

Have you ever heard that song Under Pressure by Queen? It's a classic! If you haven't seen it watch the video.


Have you ever had those days when you have just felt under pressure? If you are one of my faithful followers you would know from reading my other posts that I am currently struggling with some issues revolving around an extremely hectic work schedule. Like the lyrics in the song I feel like pressure is pushing down on me. And I hate to admit it, but I am not dealing with the pressure well.

There are days when I deal with it okay, but there are days when I just can't help myself. So how do I change this?

Well, the first step I have completed I have admitted that I am having a problem. That's the easy part.
Next step, take a look at the days when I handle the pressure better. The first thing is that I am able to handle the pressure better when I am well rested. I am much easier to get along with if I've had a good nights sleep. If I don't get a good nights sleep it's like I turn into a two year old. The only person in the world is me, and I want what I want when I want it. If I'm rested I'm pretty easy peasy to get along with. So it's up to me to get plenty of rest.

The second thing I can do is assure that I am eating right. I always seem to have more energy if I stay away from sweets and junk food. It's so easy to fall into bad eating habits if you are pressed for time. It's easier to go through the drive thru. But combine a poor diet along with being tired. I turn into a raging lunatic when I am under too much pressure.

The final thing that works for me is to ask myself just how important is all of this. If it's not then I have to remind myself to stop worrying about it. There are times when you just have to do something and go on. It's only for a period of time.



So how well do you handle pressure? And what works for you?

Read Another Post
A Stranger Made My Day

No comments:

Post a Comment