Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Missing You

I was speaking with a co-worker today, we discussed how handy cell phones are. And then we got to the thing we all know. We are all just a little too accessible anymore. He told me that he refuses to give out his cell phone number to businesses. He stated that he only gave out his home phone number. The reason for this is they just call whenever they want to. It doesn't matter if you are at work or asleep. They just call because they can. He stated that he tells them to leave a message on his home phone. And I thought to myself, you still own a landline phone? I think I only know one other person that still has a landline. And at the moment I kind of missed my landline.

I miss the simplicity of it. I miss that someone has to sit down and really want to talk to me on the telephone. Answering the phone seemed important at one point in my life. It was a way to talk to people I wasn't able to see. I wasn't able to get online and chat with them or simply send a text message. It usually wasn't spur of the moment. You had to put effort into a phone call. So while cell phones are convenient, I miss the days when someone actually took the time to sit down and pick up the phone to call me simply because they wanted to talk to me.
 
Music to blog by Frankenstein Baby by Mad Jack and The Hatters



Read Another Post
That Special Kind of Luck

No comments:

Post a Comment