Thursday, August 27, 2015

The Waiting Is Over

The past few months have been a lesson in patience and endurance for me. I have waited for a change at my job. I have put up with silliness with my work schedule. I have endured doing a job where they demanded that I do the same work as a permanent employee even though I am a temp. I have worked overtime, and had changes in schedules at the last minute. I have been sad and I have gotten angry. But finally a change has come. I am now a permanent employee of the organization.

Over the months I have learned a few things. One I am not really that patient. I have wondered over the past couple of months is this really worth waiting for. Now that the waiting is over maybe it was. It's a lot more money, but I feel as though I have lost a lot of time with people that I enjoy spending time with because of the schedule.

The next thing I have learned is that pushed far enough I will definitely loose my temper. I just couldn't stop myself at times even though I tried.

The other thing I learned is that the people who really are supposed to help you often don't. In fact some of those people who are supposed to help you may take advantage of the situation. And I've learned that there are people who always do the right thing. Different things motivate different people. And I've learned that I'd rather do the right thing by people than treat them poorly. I just feel better about myself when I do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment