Thursday, September 3, 2015

Just Sittin Around Feeling Grateful

I called a friend today that I hadn't spoken to in a while. I asked what he'd been up to, and his response was just sitting around feeling grateful. It reminded me that being grateful for the little things in life is what makes truly rich. So here are some things I am just sittin around feeling grateful about.

A Reduced Work Schedule! How many times do I have to say it. It is so awesome not to have to work overtime! It is so wonderful to not have my work schedule changed at the last minute. I'm loving it!

I am grateful that there are people in my life who just have an attitude of gratitude. They are so much easier to deal with than people who think the world owes them a favor.

Getting my gutters cleaned out. This was actually one of my May Goals, but hey it's never too late to accomplish a goal is it? It feels good to get something accomplished.


I finally had the chance to see Inside Out. I wanted to see it when it first came out. And I wanted to see it in a theater. I got to go on Sunday! I really enjoyed the movie. Since it was animated I was expecting it to be more geared toward children, but it really as a story that is geared toward adults. And does anybody know how to make some eyelashes like Disgust has? I love them.

And finally, I'm thankful for my air conditioner today. It is hot and humid. While I generally like the heat. It was uncomfortable for the cat. And well for me too if I admit it. I had to turn it on.
 
So what are you just sittin around feeling grateful for today?
 
Read something else I wrote why don't ya?

3 comments:

  1. I finally got to see Inside Out a couple of weeks ago - I'm not usually a fan of kids movies but I thought this one was really thought provoking and a good visual of how emotions affect us. ~ Leanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is nice reading a post of someone who is expressing their gratefulness. So I am grateful that you are grateful. It is a wonderful choice to make. We love grateful on Fridays Blog Booster Party #22
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked Inside Out too, not for children so much through, it is really more about adolescents. I am grateful for my friends, who have really reached out to me lately!

    ReplyDelete