Friday, September 18, 2015

Welcome Reluctant Stranger Review

Recently, I completed two book reviews. The first was Hello, My Love, and the second was Hello Agnieszka. I was also provided with the third book in the series by E Journey. So here's what I think of the book Welcome Reluctant Stranger.

The Story

One day while driving home from work Leilani sees a stranger being beaten on the street. She decides to stop and help him. She doesn't realize that this action will change her life. Through this good deed she meets Justin Halverson. Justin is reeling from the recent loss of his long term girlfriend. As they begin to develop a relationship, a stranger comes from Leilani's homeland claiming that he knows information about her father. Her family has had no information about what happened to her father since they were forced to flee their homeland years before. And she is forced to face the truth about why their family had to leave their country.
 

What I Liked About This Story

I've read all three books in the Between Two Worlds Series. And Welcome Reluctant Stranger! is y favorite. Now I've been thinking about why this is. And I've decided that this book had a little mystery to it. The other two books were straight forward romances, but this book also involved a little bit of mystery. You weren't exactly sure what was going on with Leilani's family and why they had to flee their homeland. So often if you read a series of books, the story is somewhat the same through all of the books. But this book added a twist to the series. While each book focuses on a different member of the Halverson family, this book took a totally different path than I expected. I expected the book to take the usual path of romance novels. Girl meets boy. Girl and boy have trouble. Girl and boy are forced apart. And finally, girl and boy have a happily ever after reunion. This book was different from that. Leilani does have trouble, but Justin supports her throughout the entire issue. They are not separated. And I really like that. And I like that I was able to see some of the familiar characters from the other books in the series. Their parts in book weren't forced. They were just part of the flow of the story.
 

What I Didn't Like

There wasn't much that I didn't like about this book. It was a nice read with a few twists and turns. The one thing I didn't like is that the story doesn't allow you to really get to know Leilani's father. He is central to the plot, but there is still a great mystery at the end of the book.

So Who Would Like This Book?

Fans of romance novels will like this book. But people who like mystery added to their stories will really enjoy reading this book.
 
Yes, I did receive a complimentary copy of this book through iRead, but everything stated in this post is my opinion and not what they want me to say.
 
 
 

 

3 comments:

  1. I've been amiss in not thanking you early enough for your enjoyable review. So, let me make up for that now. Thank you from my heart for reviewing the three books in my series, Between Two Worlds. Your reviews have given me some valuable insight into what readers like.

    Your site also has some really yummy stuff in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Heidi! Found you on the Blog Booster Party. This sounds like a very interesting read. I'm a big reader and I also review books on my blog sometimes. Keep up the good work!
    Leah
    Midtwentiesgal.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a very nice book review, and it sounds like a very good read, thanks for sharing this on Fridays Blog Booster Party #25
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete