Monday, October 26, 2015

Faith Of Our Fathers DVD Review

When I was contacted by Fly By Promotions to complete a review on the movie Faith Of Our Fathers, I thought sure. This movie would be something perfect to review close to Veteran's Day.
So here's what I think about the movie.

The Story

John Paul and Wayne are very different men, but they have one thing in common. Their fathers knew each other in Vietnam. And neither one of them knew their fathers. In fact they know very little about them. That's what leads them to begin a journey. They must make a trip to the Vietnam War Memorial. On the way, they take a spiritual journey that leads them to a better understanding of who they are and what they want to be.
 


What I Liked

I liked that this was a road movie. And that the main characters in the movie were opposites. It made for some fun situations. And liked that this movie was about two men who were searching to know themselves a little better. And I also liked that the movie pointed out that even though an individual dies, it doesn't mean that their influence ends. I also liked that the movie didn't talk about all the politics that went along with the Vietnam War. Instead it focused on the relationships that were formed during that war.

What I Didn't Like

The one downfall of this movie is it gets a little preachy at times. It is a faith based movie, and it does preach. I felt like there were some of the scenes that they really pushed it.

Who Will Like This Movie

Well, anyone who enjoys movies with a Christian message will like this movie. But I do believe that Vietnam veterans and their families may also enjoy this movie. As I watched the movie I was reminded of when my cousin who was a Vietnam vet told about how he was able to go and visit with a family of someone he served with. He was able to tell the family about how their loved one died in Vietnam. He told how the family was grateful to know exactly what happened to their loved one. It provided them with closure. So I think individuals who have been through that experience will enjoy the movie. Also individuals who are trying to learn more about the Vietnam War may enjoy this movie. The movie sets aside all of the political side of the war and focuses in on how this war affected two individuals lives.

Disclaimer: I did receive a free copy of this movie in exchange for a review, but all of the opinions are mine and mine alone.






1 comment: