Thursday, November 12, 2015

Captain's Take on Day of the Dead

Recently, my pet human went to some event with a name like Day of the Dead. I have to admit that I did not like the sounds of this activity. I mean what is a feline to think about when something involves the word dead. Even though people claim we have nine lives. Every felines realizes that dead is a word of finality. And I want nothing to do with it. I did express my concerns about this event. But as usual my pet did not listen. You all know how humans can be.

She left the house, and I being a good pet owner worried. I didn't know what to expect. When would she be home from this outing? She arrived home. And I noticed something a little different about her hair. There were bright colors in her hair. This is unusual. Humans have such a different view of their hair and grooming than felines. They don't have quite the same pride.

After she settled in she began to pull things out of her hair. They caught my attention. The bright colored objects were coming out of her hair. They were flowers. One was sitting on the bathroom counter so I reached up and grabbed it. It flew down to the floor. I immediately began to bat it around. Oh, this was fun. I threw it in the air and chased it. I carried it through the house. And then I gathered up more of these flowers. My pet human took one of them away from me, and I promptly let her know that I did not want this. These flowers have brought me much entertainment over the past several days.

And as I laid on the floor with my flowers, I thought to myself the Day of the Dead is really a great holiday. I can't wait to see what it brings me next year.

Other posts by felines.


No comments:

Post a Comment