Sunday, November 22, 2015

Homemade Goulash Recipe

I stood in the store the grocery store the other day with a list of items to purchase. I took a look and realized that I wanted something that was fairly easy to make. So I went to the boxed meal aisle. You know the one with macaroni and cheese and Hamburger Helper. I began taking a look at some of the boxes. And I thought to myself, I already have a lot of these ingredients around the house. And it was my day off so I had time to actually make the food. So while I do purchase those items for a quick easy meal on days when I don't have time to cook, this was the day I was actually going to make one of those meals myself. What I wound up with was a Homemade Goulash recipe.


What You Need

2 cup cooked shell macaroni
1 can of stewed tomatoes
1 cup portobello mushrooms
1/4 cup chopped green onions
2 Tablespoons Paprika
1 Tablespoon Oregano
1 Minced Garlic Clove
1 cup fresh spinach
1 lb Italian sausage
1 cup shredded cheese
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese

What You Need To Do

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Fry your sausage in a skillet. While that is frying, boil your macaroni. When those are finished strain the sausage and your macaroni and set it aside. Take your tomatoes and place them in that skillet and let them simmer. Then add your garlic, paprika, and oregano. Once that has cooked for about fifteen minutes. Add everything but the cheese. Mix it all together. Now add the shredded cheese and mix it in. Place it in the preheated oven in that skillet and bake it for 30 minutes. Take it out of the oven and sprinkle the Parmesan cheese over the top.

So here's a bit of a challenge to everyone out there. The next time you are standing in the grocery aisle thinking that a simple meal could be made from the box. Think for a second. Do you already have the ingredients at home? Do I have time to  put an extra 10 minute into preparing the meal? If the answer is yes, then try making it yourself. You might be surprised. Your meal might be about as easy to prepare as that one you were going to pick up. And it might be just a little healthier.

Try another simple recipe
Spinach and Italian Sausage Casserole


No comments:

Post a Comment