Thursday, November 19, 2015

Ripley's Believe It Or Not


Has anyone out there ever visited a Ripley's Believe It Or Not site? You know one of those museums just full of the weird things that life offers the world. So when I had the opportunity to review the new book put out by Ripley's I jumped and said Yahoo!

The Book

If you've never read one of Ripley's books, this is what to expect. A lot of really weird trivia. This edition is no different than any of the others. There are people doing strange things. There are animals doing strange things. Pretty much anything that is out of the norm can be found in this book. It tells about a man who was hit in the head and soon becomes a math and physics genius. He never had any interest in either before being punched. This book is not just full of trivia. It is full of eye popping oddity pictures. 

What I Liked

I loved reading all the strange and unusual things that the world has to offer. Ripley's celebrates the unusual. It's always great to see all of the diversity in nature and mankind. There really is a big world out there that most of us know very little about.

What I Disliked

I think what I disliked is while it shows how diverse the world is, it is also a little exploitative. It's kind of like a book version of Jerry Springer. Is that a bad thing who knows? But I did wonder a little how the individuals that were pegged as unusual felt about it.

Who Should Read This Book

Trivia lovers will love this book. It is full of odd facts. It is full of unbelievable facts. So this book is for them. But people who glorify in the unusual will love this book. If it's odd it can probably be found in this book. And there may even be a picture to go along with the fact.

Disclaimer: Yes, I did receive a free copy of this book in exchange for a review, but you know I told you exactly what I think about it.

So tell me what you think of Ripley's?

Check out another review

No comments:

Post a Comment